|Posted Date:||27-Jan-2014 (MST)||Closing Date:||31-Mar-2014 (MST)|
|Department:||Food & Bev Back Of House||Location:||Midway, UT, USA|
|Pay Rate:||DOE||Pay Type:||Hourly|
|Benefits:||Yes||Employment Type:||Full Time|
Position: Restaurant Chef
Supervisor: Executive Chef
Department: Food and Beverage FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary To supervise and coordinate the preparation of food according to standards set by the Executive Chef.
Essential Functions * Assists in conducting periodic food inventories.
* Assists the Executive Chef with departmental human resource functions.
* Initiates and oversees ordering of food and kitchen supplies.
* Supervises and coordinates the production of food according to menu specifications.
* Assists the Chefs and Cooks in preparation of specific cuisine.
* Inspects quality of food products used to prepare cuisine. Informs Executive Chef when quality is not acceptable.
* Ensures all cuisine served to guests follows establish guidelines for quantity, quality, appearance, and palatability.
* Checks physical cleanliness of operations. Ensures all staff practice "clean as you go" techniques.
* Maintains proper working order of all equipment. Inspects ovens, burners, water faucets, and refrigerators. Reports deficiencies to Engineering Department.
* May perform Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Chef, or Cook duties as needed.
* Responsible for banquet production & execution while communicating set up needs.
Minimum Knowledge Requires advanced knowledge of specialized or technical field or a thorough knowledge of the practices and techniques of a professional field. May require knowledge of policies and procedures, and the ability to determine a course of action based on these guidelines.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of five years job-related experience.
Culinary degree or ACF certification preferred. Two years supervisory experience required.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required
External and Internal Personal Contact
Weekly Participating in meetings
Conducting meetings / leading group discussions
Teamwork and Collaboration This job is a team leader in the departmental work team. Has responsibility and accountability for team activities.
Use of Judgment
Problem Solving Identifiable – Information is clear but further investigation often is required in order to define problems and proceed. Often requires modifying existing procedures / precedents within established policy.
Guidance General guidelines and references are used with some discretion. Projects are assigned with latitude for decision making and setting of priorities. Specific problems should be referred to supervisor for clarification of policies and procedures before proceeding.
Position: Restaurant Chef
Supervisor: Executive Chef
Department: Food and Beverage FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Stress Load Regular exposure to stresses.
Workload Fluctuation The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change.
Manual Skills Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Physical Effort Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day.
Physical Environment Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be unlevel, slippery, or unstable.
Work Schedule Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs.
Occupational Risks Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials.
Ergonomics Risks Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures.
Safety Responsible for providing guidance to others performing some or similar functions in the area of safety as part of formal orientation to the job / department and on an on-going basis.
Required Travel Position does not require travel to other Gemstone Hotels & Resorts properties or client locations. Work is completed on the property.
Gemstone Hotels & Resorts Performance Standards
* Always practice Experience culture.
* Protect the assets of the property.
* Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow employees.
* Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the employee handbook.
* Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow employees, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
* Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
* Practice the principles of the Game of Know culture.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Gemstone Hotels & Resorts is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Recognize that despite all efforts the company makes, the ultimate responsibility for employee health and safety rests directly with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all employees to conduct their duties in a safe and healthful manner.
Gemstone Hotels & Resorts offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all of our employees.
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
Get Notified of New Jobs at Zermatt & Homestead Resorts
- Follow Jobs:
- Share this Page