- 20-Dec-2014 to 24-Dec-2014 (MST)
- Food & Bev Back Of House
- Midway, UT, USA
- Full Time
You've trained, you've learned, you've perfected your cullinary skills. Now it's time to join the exceptional Food & Beverage team at the Zermatt and Homestead Resorts in beautiful Midway, UT.
Position Summary: To supervise and coordinate the preparation of food according to standards set by the Executive Chef.
* Assists in conducting periodic food inventories.
* Assists the Executive Chef with departmental human resource functions.
* Initiates and oversees ordering of food and kitchen supplies.
* Supervises and coordinates the production of food according to menu specifications.
* Assists the Chefs and Cooks in preparation of specific cuisine.
* Inspects quality of food products used to prepare cuisine. Informs Executive Chef when quality is not acceptable.
* Ensures all cuisine served to guests follows establish guidelines for quantity, quality, appearance, and palatability.
* Checks physical cleanliness of operations. Ensures all staff practice "clean as you go" techniques.
* Maintains proper working order of all equipment. Inspects ovens, burners, water faucets, and refrigerators. Reports deficiencies to Engineering Department.
* May perform Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Chef, or Cook duties as needed.
* Responsible for banquet production & execution while communicating set up needs.
Minimum Knowledge Requires advanced knowledge of specialized or technical field or a thorough knowledge of the practices and techniques of a professional field. May require knowledge of policies and procedures, and the ability to determine a course of action based on these guidelines.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of five years job-related experience.
Culinary degree or ACF certification preferred. Two years supervisory experience required.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required
Gemstone Hotels & Resorts (managing entity of the Homestead and Zermatt Resorts) offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all of our employees.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!